Sunday, December 17, 2006

The Lone Ranger

Interesting game last night, the Leafs thuroughly destroyed the Rangers last night in a 9-2 romp (should have been 9-1, that first goal was just....bad). I enjoyed watching Wellwood have, what I hope to be the first of many, 5 point gams. First career hat-trick, way to go Welly! Pony also had a five point game and Sundin netted three assists.

Heres the thing though, the Rangers didnt put up much of a fight, and Henrick of Lundqvist was hung out all alone for 8 goals on less than 25 shots (thus the entry title). And hell. The Leafs couldnt keep Jagr-meister off the board even in a blowout.

So is Carlo our lucky horse shoe? I'll believe that when the Buds are 10-0 with him back.

2 comments:

iAuroraBorealis said...

I call him Poiny...is Pony better?

A blow out is always great...except when it becomes so boring and one-sided. The damage done from the 6-0 loss to the Preds hasn't worn off yet.

iAuroraBorealis said...

I meant Poinky. I call him Poinky. Oh boy.