Saturday, October 6, 2007

Leafs V. Habs, A Rivalry Revivalry

At the end of the season, right before my second year of April heartache I had a moment of pure joy.
The Leafs eliminated Les Habitants from the playoff race. Sure we didn't make it either, but I am a subscriber to the "If I'm going down, I'm taking you all with me" camp of thought. Especially when it applies to the Montreal Canadians.
Tonight, they seek a measure of revenge against my beloved Buds. The Habs are one of those teams that I am always nervous when the Leafs play them, like Boston, they always seem to find a way to be competitive and can eek out a win even when over matched.
Coming off back to back losses against the Devil's Ice Dance Team, the Leafs will fight for their first win of the 2007/2008 season. This is a feat they can easily accomplish if they do one thing. Play like they did against Ottawa.
Play like that, and hopefully a return to form for Darcy Tucksinburg and it will be a big W for the Blue and White.

Predictions - The Tosk with the start (and the finnish *rimshot*)
- Mats with two points
- Leafs 5, Habs 3

1 comment:

HabsFan29 said...

Hello Leafs Fans! A special invite from the enemy to come over to Four Habs Fans and join the game open thread. We have an excellent view of things.

We promise to be nice. Or not.