Thursday, October 9, 2008

This Is A Slow Jam

It was their last real cup run
Down at the MLG
Unstoppable till Gilmour bled
It was the spring of 1993

Burns, man, that guy was cool
Had a team that only worked hard
Wendel fought, Probert got burried
Felix Potvin was a goaltending star
Oh when I youtube now
That Spring, it seemed to last forever
And it isnt even a choice
Ya - Id always wanna be there
Those were the games days of my life

Aint no use in complainin
When you got cheering to do
Watchen the Buds on Television
With beer and comfort food

Standin on the blue line
I wanted Dougie here forever
Oh and when you light the lamp
We that it was now or never
Those were the best games of my life

Back in the spring of 93

Wendel was killin teams
The Leafs were young and relentless
Our hope could not be defined
Fraser will burn forever - forever, yea

And now the team is a changin
Look at everyone thats come and gone
I often think of this original six team
I think about how we were wronged

Standin on the blue line
Wendel will rule forever
Oh the way you'd light that lamp
We knew that it was now or never
Those were the games days of my life

Back in the spring of 93

4 comments:

Loser Domi said...

I fell like you need a hug or something. Maybe a beer. Will beer help?

Jaredoflondon said...

beer always helps.
Hugs are welcome too.
Dudes need not apply.

Navin Vaswani (@eyebleaf) said...

"Dudes need not apply."

Phew.

Brian Adams is hype.

Loser Domi said...

fun story about the song "Summer of 69": it inspired the following drunken conversation between two of my friends, P and T:

P: Dude, T, you just dont understand. Like, me and these guys from school, right? We had this band, and we tried really hard--
T: Yeah, that wouldn't happen to have been during the Summer of 69, would it, P?
P: DUDE, YOU WERE THERE!!