Saturday, February 21, 2009

Enter Sandman

So its finally here, the day he returns. You know, HIM, that guy, that dude we heard so much about. What he did for us, what he could have done for us, how he left under the not so best circumstances.
Here he comes, back to the ACC again. We all know what that means, a split Leaf fan base. Cheer, boo, sit on your hands and drink the over priced draft with your feet.
Where do I sit? Well I'm still hurt, I had so much hope, so much tied to HIM that I don't know I am ready to forgive yet. I know jokes were made by me at the expense of HIM, both before and after, but that is the nature of the beast, the game, the fandom.
I am not ready to forgive and forget just yet, one day, probably but not now.
This huge piece of former leafdom is on show case tonight. He was a big part of our team, probably the biggest. His presence was felt when ever he was on the ice, or on the bench, or in the locker room. It was hard to look away because there was so much to see, so much going on.


Welcome back to toronto Kyle Wellwood!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

quality ending!

Wellwood forever!

Navin Vaswani (@eyebleaf) said...

I'm giving Welly a standing ovation just for you, Jared.