Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Who Are You? Who? Who?....Who? Who?

After just listening to the newest, latest and most updatedest pod-cast at He Score He Shoot, it has come to my attention that I have never picked myself an NHL equivalent.
Now as a kid I always sort of fancied myself the Doug Gilmour type. I was smaller, tough and actually had the nick-name Killer (note, through my 'career' I have also had nicknames such as 'elbows' , 'hatchett' which is kinda a play on my last name and 'crash' all for my style of play) for a year on one of my Rep hockey teams as a youngin'. Now that seems a little sacreligious, not to mention preposterous as Dougie was a natural leader and excellent consistent point producer. Both of which I am not. Then I got to thinking maybe it was Darcy Tucker whom was my counterpart. Again, smaller of stature, tough as nails, and he agitated the crap out of everyone. But no again. Tucker liked to chirp a bit to get his opponents going, I always thought a stick to the back of the knee said more than words ever could. I also suck real bad at one-timers.
I am perplexed. Who the crap am I? So I turn to you, my dear readers.
In the comments I need some suggestions from y'all. I wanna know who you think fits this bill.
A smallish (under 6ft, 200lbs) natural winger with good wheels, a crash and bang style who likes to drive the net and is just as happy dropping the mitts as he is scoring a goal. And lets face it, he has to be a bit of a jack-ass, because I mean....well you've read my posts.

5 comments:

general borschevsky said...

If Pat Burns drove over you with his truck, he might mistake you for Bill Berg. Especially if you can chirp a snappy one-liner at him from under the wheel while he's scratching his head.

Jaredoflondon said...

Hey Pat, you need new tires!

blurr1974 said...

Two words...be lak...

Jaredoflondon said...

too big, not enough speed, too good in front of the camera. I only wish I could mug like that.

Anonymous said...

Bill Berg is a good one!

Maybe Tucker from last season or Shayne Corson with wheels. Maybe young Shayne Corson.