Thursday, July 24, 2008

Why Not?

Recently, a post over at grand master Lowtide's blog got me to wondering "Why Do You Blog?" and resisting the urge to argue with myself again (who wants to talk to that asshole) I came up with a pretty good reason, If I do (and I do) say so myself. Fade to flashback.
When I began this ride back in twenty aught six there were 3 main Leaf centric blogs that I knew about. Raking Leafs, Bitter Leaf and of course the venerable Pension Plan Puppets (in old school blogspot format). For a while, I read and enjoyed, and was a frequent commenter on the Infamous Battle Of Ontario site. But duking it out with Sens fans, while entertaining, a-bit somewhat frustrating (kinda like the Leafs now that I think about it), wasn't really voicing my own ...er..voice too well. One day while doing the daily blog-trol I got to thinking. The Barilkosphere as I know it is kinda like the A-Team, fighting for good with odd contraptions (arguments) made from whatever ammunition they could find (4 Years!). PPP was of course Hannibal, leading the charge spouting "I love it when a plan comes together" and MF37 and Ninja were like B.A. Baracus and Face (I'll let them decide who is who). But where was 'Howling Mad' Murdock? Where was the crazy, yet lovable goof who was more inclined to have fun than actually do anything of use? Then, realizing how insane the whole comparison was I realized it was me. The Barlikosphere needed me. It was a calling. "Go" it told me "and be that one everyone isn't too sure about upstairs, Have fun with the Leafs, show your love for them through humour and magic"
At first I tried the tried and true method of blending humour into personal analysis. I quickly realized this wasn't working too well and dove straight into the goof ball zone, and that is where we pretty much stand today. My writing style has matured (or immature'd) and I've carved out my niche, its comfy, its fun and it increased the time I spend on the internet probably 100 fold.
The best thing about this blogolation deal is that it makes me happy, it relaxes me. It introduced me to a group of strangers that have come to feel like friends. Faceless, odd and as much in Love with the Leafs as I am. It's been a good ride, lets keep going.

Still working on that magic thing though.

Whats that behind your ear? Oh a quarter!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, you're a blogspot OG?

Nice post. You and LD definitely help with the lighter side of the Leafs.

Lowetide is a ridiculously good blog eh?

Navin Vaswani (@eyebleaf) said...

i feel you man, it's like therapy.

glad you're doin what you're doin.

cheers.

Anonymous said...

It's very therapeutic.

MF37 said...

hmmm, Face or B.A. Barrachus?

Bosco Alberta is a terrible handle, but Bad Attitude is a pretty freakin' cool nickname.

"Pity the Fool" is a gold standard catch phrase.

But the gold chains and, ahem, unique hair style aren't really me...

Face was a con-man, good with the ladies, able to get his hands on just about anything.

But he hated to fight and was a bit of a pussy.

This is a real conundrum...

Also, if the Barilkosphere is like the A-Team, does that make Loser Domi Amy Amanda "Triple A" Allen?

Loser Domi said...

I like the lighter side of the Leafs--it seems like the real news is too depressing, plus there's no end to material.

Jaredoflondon said...

PPP- OG as can be, I was relativly quiet until someone slapped my link up on the BoO.
Lowtide has raised blogging to an art.

Eyebleaf- Therapy never worked before, but thats because the voices of others used to just be in my head.

mf37 - If I had to choose I'd op for B.A. "I pity the fool" and "I ain't gettin on no plane" are two phrases I use almost daily.
And being the first lady of the Barlikosphere, LD gets the triple A nod.

LD - Some of it writes itself eh? I just try to put a ridiculous twist on it and make myself laugh. half the time it makes others laugh.

Loser Domi said...

Jared, some of the fun comes from trying to figure out what parts will really make people laugh the most. Usually, I'm way off.