Tuesday, July 15, 2008

They're Comming To Take Me Away, Ha-ha

I sat down at work last night on my break and did some thinkin'. I asked myself between bites of leftover Panzeroti and slugs from my flask"Self, what the hell kind of team is Un'ca Cliff trying to build here" and at first, I couldn't answer myself. So myself stared at me with wonder in my eyes while I thought.
"Well" I said to myself, trying to stall for time. "Lets take a look at what he's done so far". Myself nodded and we went over the list of additions. First we discussed how Cliff went after leadership and toughness with the Jamal Mayers pickup. Then about how he is solidifying the rear end with rock hard stay at home defensive types by trading up to Draft Shenn and pulling Colorado's Finger. The pattern then became more muddy when we talked about going for speed up front with the signings of Grab-ass and Hag-ass. Myself and I soon became a little frustrated when we talked about him jumping back on the physical defense train with the Frog and then back again to the 'tough' angle with our most recent pick up in Hollwigger.
"Wow" Myself exlaimed to me "Cliff is more all over the map than Micheal J. Fox playing risk" I shot myself a look for being insensitive to the 80's mega-stars plight. "what?" he asked, oblivious idiot.
"Well" I said to myself. "I just think Cliff is trying to do everything he can to get the wheels back on the cart. He said that the dressing room was going to look much different come next season and he hasn't gone back on that"
"But what the hell is he gonna do with all these bodies? The Leafs have more extra men than a Village people music video"
"true" I said, ignoring the ignorant comment "but maybe he is just building up a surplus for when he ditches Bell, or McCabe or Kubina. Hell, he may even be saying in a round about way to the Leafs that if they don't want to play well, that they have plenty of bodies to fill the holes while you sit in the press box"
"Hmmmm, that actually makes a modicum of sense" Myself seemed pleased with this answer, and so was I. Especially since it would mean he would shut the hell up and let me eat my dinner.
"You gonna finish that Panzoroti?"
Man, myself is a dumb ass.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

There is still a lot of time left in the summer. I assume there will be many more answers than questions (as opposed to our current situation) come October.

Chemmy said...

I would like to point out that I successfully edited a Jaredoflondon post once.

Jaredoflondon said...

This is Jared Un-rated, the stuff you don't get to see in theaters!

general borschevsky said...

Funny post. Good analysis. You're a good team.

Loser Domi said...

"They're coming to take me away, ha-ha, They're coming to take me away, ha-ha,hee-hee, ho-ho to the happy home with birds and flowers and basket weavers and... " (forgets the rest)