Saturday, October 6, 2007

Leafs V. Habs, A Rivalry Revivalry

At the end of the season, right before my second year of April heartache I had a moment of pure joy.
The Leafs eliminated Les Habitants from the playoff race. Sure we didn't make it either, but I am a subscriber to the "If I'm going down, I'm taking you all with me" camp of thought. Especially when it applies to the Montreal Canadians.
Tonight, they seek a measure of revenge against my beloved Buds. The Habs are one of those teams that I am always nervous when the Leafs play them, like Boston, they always seem to find a way to be competitive and can eek out a win even when over matched.
Coming off back to back losses against the Devil's Ice Dance Team, the Leafs will fight for their first win of the 2007/2008 season. This is a feat they can easily accomplish if they do one thing. Play like they did against Ottawa.
Play like that, and hopefully a return to form for Darcy Tucksinburg and it will be a big W for the Blue and White.

Predictions - The Tosk with the start (and the finnish *rimshot*)
- Mats with two points
- Leafs 5, Habs 3

1 comment:

Young HF29 said...

Hello Leafs Fans! A special invite from the enemy to come over to Four Habs Fans and join the game open thread. We have an excellent view of things.

http://fourhabsfans.blogspot.com/2007/10/ladies-and-gentelmen-for-your-dancing.html

We promise to be nice. Or not.